Novak Djokovic provisionally intends to play the Miami Open at the end of this month, his website has revealed.
Djokovic suffered an abdominal tear whilst winning the Australian Open last month, and later said he needed to take some time off to heal.
Coach Goran Ivanisevic later said he thought it was ‘realistic’ that Djokovic would not be seen on the ATP Tour again until the European clay season in April.
However, according to an update on the Serbian’s official website, Djokovic will first attempt to add to his six previous Miami Masters titles.
Should he win a seventh, he would become the most successful player in the tournament’s history, surpassing Andre Agassi who also currently has six.
Djokovic will then head to the Monte-Carlo Masters on April first to start his clay season, before heading home – literally – to play the Serbia Open in Belgrade.
The event is scheduled for April 19, the week following Monte-Carlo, and will be held at the Novak Tennis Centre.
Djokovic has won two titles before in his homeland, although none since 2011.
No further scheduling dates for Djokovic have been confirmed, although with almost a month between Belgrade and Roland Garros, it appears likely he will try to defend his Rome Masters title in mid-May.
For more exclusive content from Tennisbuzz, including news, features, trivia, promotions and more, please be sure to sign up for our newsletter below or via our home page.
Why not test your tennis knowledge by tackling one of our fiendish quizzes too?